Re: [code] Invoking a menu bar item from command entry possible?

From: Victor T. <greatwolf.att.lavabit.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 12:05:31 -0700
Richard Philips wrote:
On 06/22/2013 07:50 AM, Victor T. wrote:
Hi,

Quick question, how do you invoke a specific menu item from the command entry?

Hi,

I always check:

    textadept/modules/textadept/menu.lua

Richard

The local menubar seems to show the command of interest but it isn't accessible outside of textadept/modules/textadept/menu.lua.

I could copy and paste the command and tables from there and call it with keys.run_command like menu.lua does but that's poor encapsulation and it doesn't promote ease of use if I have to keep referring and copying from menu.lua every time I need to do something like this.