Re: [code] Auto-complete from all open buffers

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 15:18:34 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi Ryan,

On Mon, 24 Jun 2013, Ryan Pusztai wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Wondering if anyone has tried to auto-complete from all open buffers. I
> would like to try to add this. Is it possible?

It is possible, but difficult. You cannot grab the text from non-focused
buffers using the API or you'll get an error. Instead you can either cycle
through all buffers to get word matches on demand (ugly and disorienting),
or perhaps compile a word list in an `events.BUFFER_BEFORE_SWITCH` event
and query that and the currently focused buffer.

Sometimes I wish Scintilla would allow for arbitrary document
modification...