Re: [code] [textadept] Proporsal: sam command language plugin

From: Robert <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:06:53 +0200

Am 7/15/13 3:43 PM, schrieb Richard Philips:
> On 07/15/2013 12:48 PM, suharik wrote:
>> http://doc.cat-v.org/plan_9/4th_edition/papers/sam/
>> http://sam.cat-v.org/cheatsheet/
>>
>> I want to implement analogue of sam command language for textadept
>> text editor.
>>
> I certainly would appreciate a command language on textadept.
>
> BUT ...
>
> I would very much prefer a gui driven command language.

[..]
> Each of these parts would benefit from a gui driven approach:
> a text-only command language becomes difficult to handle, especially if
> one has to use
> escape characters (which is often the case if one edits code)
>
> ALSO ...
>
> This is a major undertaking.
>
> I really would like to see the input of Mitchell on this.
> I would hate to see efforts like this go to waste because Mitchell has
> other ideas about this.

Surely this is a major undertaking and might never make it into
Textadept core, but that's part of the fun of Textadept. Everyone can
adapt it as they like...

Suharik, you might also have a look at the Vim modules for Textadept
[1][2] which also use the command entry.

Robert

[1] https://github.com/jugglerchris/textadept-vi
[2] https://github.com/lammermann/ta-vim