Re: [code] Tabs and Indentation by file type

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 11:39:07 +0200

Am 8/18/13 11:32 AM, schrieb Michael Richter:
> I'd tried that already. No dice. Cutting and pasting exactly the code you
> typed above still gives me Makefiles with spaces: 2.
>

>> try this in your init.lua:
>>
>> events.connect(events.**LANGUAGE_MODULE_LOADED, function(lang)
>> if lang == 'makefile' then
>> buffer.use_tabs = true
>> buffer.tab_width = 8
>> end
>> end)

Ok, the '**' don't belong there, but that's probably not the problem.
Can you try with a clean init.lua?
You can create a temporary one with, textadept -u ~/tmp/test
(if you are on Linux, similarly on other platforms) and edit the
init.lua in this directory.
Maybe you already have a 'makefile' module from an earlier attempt?

Also, which version are you using?
events.LANGUAGE_MODULE_LOADED was introduced in 6.6.
I use the latest 7 beta.