Re: [code] [textadept] Add encoding

From: A.M. Genaev <genaev.att.nioch.nsc.ru>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 19:39:27 +0700

Hi Robert,

Thanks for explanation.

Now i can convert UTF-8 text into KOI8-R and save file (indeed in KOI8-R).

But I'm more intresting in reverse task. I have many old files in KOI8-R and
want to edit their. When textadept opens such file it sets ISO-8859-1 encoding
and conversion into KOI8-R fails.

For example attached files contain russian word 'тест' (test) but when i open
test_KOI8-R i see ÔÅÓÔ and it is true for ISO-8859-1. It is clear that
textadept can't understand that i want KOI8-R but may be there is any way to
set KOI8-R (or other two bytes encoding) as default? And why don't work
conversion between two bytes encodings (really ÔÅÓÔ in ISO-8859-1 is тест in
KOI8-R)?

Dr. Alexander Genaev
Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry
Lavrentiev ave. 9, 630090 Novosibirsk, Russia
genaev.att.nioch.nsc.ru

тест