Re: [code] [textadept] Latest Changes in hg

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 21:09:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Mon, 9 Sep 2013, Mitchell wrote:

> Robert,
>
> On Mon, 9 Sep 2013, Robert Gieseke wrote:
>
>> Am 9/9/13 5:39 AM, schrieb Mitchell:ipts and ta's internals.
>>> The 3rd beta will go out this week on the 11th.
>>>
>> […]
>>> P.S. There is a good reason for all the API changes and general cleanup!
>>> You'll see :)
>>
>> Now I'm curious … :-)
>>
>> I've found a small issue, the new 'initialized' event [1] makes it
>> impossible to simply overwrite key short cuts in my 'init.lua', as
>> apparently [2] postpones loading 'textadept.keys'. Should running the
>> _USERHOME init.lua wrapped be in 'initialized' event as well?
>
> No, because modules need to be loaded before `events.INITIALIZED` is fired.
> This includes modules loaded from `~/.textadept/init.lua`. Wrap your key
> bindings in an `events.INITIALIZED` handler. I need to update the manual with
> this information.

I changed my mind. The old method will stay. It just involves renaming
`buffer:reload()`, `buffer:save()`, etc. to `io.reload()`, `io.save()`,
etc. Come to think of it, I'm not really sure I like mixing io functions
(or anything external for that matter) with buffer objects in the first
place. After all, it's `textadept.editing.block_comment()`, not
`buffer:block_comment()`.

I'll make the necessary commits soon.