[code] how does scintilla trigger syntax highlighting on less than the whole text?

From: Cosmin Apreutesei <cosmin.apreutesei.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 19:13:57 +0300

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate the scintilua lexers into a text editor of my
own for the purpose of syntax highlighting. I have found that lexing
the whole text on each key stroke is too slow. But scintilla doesn't
have this problem so I assume that scintilla calls the lexer only on
parts of the text and not on the entire text every time. What is the
logic by which scintilla decides which part of the text needs
re-lexing when the text changes? Any hints/pointers on where to look
in the code appreciated.

Regards,
Cosmin.