Re: [code] I just can't seem to find the pattern...

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 08:21:54 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Michael,

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013, Michael Richter wrote:

> On 19 September 2013 10:12, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
>
>> My use case is wanting to comment out blocks of text in a language which
>>
>>> doesn't have block comments (rendering *Edit → Toggle Block
>>> Comment*unusable).
>>>

>> Have you tried setting `textadept.editing.comment_**string.text =
>> 'prefix'` for your plain text buffer before picking "Edit -> Toggle Block
>> Comment"?
>>

> I'm not sure how editing the plain text settings will help in a Haskell
> file. The lexer understands Haskell just fine and recognizes comments.
> It's just that toggling block comment doesn't work in Haskell because
> there's no such thing as block comments in Haskell.

I misunderstood your use case. I understand that Haskell has line
comments, and "Edit -> Toggle Block Comment" prefixes the selected line(s)
with "--" automatically (at least in the 7.x beta series). It sounds like
this is not the behavior you want, so can you give examples on what you do
want so I can better understand what you're asking?