Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 7.0 beta 4

From: Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 14:52:43 -0400

--
Regards,
Ryan
On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Textadept 7.0 beta 4 is released from http://foicica.com/textadept.
>
> Please see the migration guide[1] for upgrading from Textadept 6 to 7.
>
> This release features built-in run/compile commands with their respective
> warning/error patterns -- your preferences and language modules no longer
> need to add them. There is also a new, more user-friendly dialogs module.
> And finally, the last of the API tweaks I hope; nothing major this time.
>
> This should be the last beta release before the final 7.0 on November 1.
>
> Bugfixes:
>
>  * Fixed various compile and install errors.
>  * Fixed error when block commenting plain text.
>
> Changes:
>
>  * `events.disconnect()` now accepts function argument instead of ID.
>  * `buffer.filename` and all internal filenames are no longer encoded in
>    UTF-8, but in `_CHARSET`.
>  * Removed many unused Scintilla constants and stripped many constants of
>    `SC` and `SC_` prefixes.
>  * Changed marker margin symbols via `properties.lua`.
>  * Calling `textadept.editing.select_**word()` repeatedly makes multiple
>    selections.
>  * Renamed `buffer:convert_eo_ls()` to `convert_eols()`.
>  * Added `textadept.run.MARK_WARNING` marker.
>  * Compile and run commands for languages that support them are now
>    built-in along with their respective warning and error messages. The
>    supplemental ones on the wiki are no longer needed.
>  * Renamed `textadept.run.compile_**command` and
> `textadept.run.run_command`
>    to `compile_commands` and `run_commands`, respectively.
>  * Renamed `textadept.run.error_detail` to error_patterns and changed its
>    internal structure.
>  * New `ui.dialogs` module for more user-friendly dialog support. Removed
>    `ui.filteredlist()` as a result.
>  * Changed `io.open_file()` and `io.snapopen()` to accept tables of files
>    and paths instead of \n delimited strings.
>
> I hope the new fold markers are agreeable, but let me know if you are
> really unhappy with them. They are more easily changed by referencing
> `properties.lua`.
>
> [1]: http://foicica.com/textadept/**14_Appendix.html#Textadept.6.**to.7<http://foicica.com/textadept/14_Appendix.html#Textadept.6.to.7>
I am not sure what is going wrong. I did do the update and went through my
.textadept files to switch from beta 2 to beta 4.
Here is the error:
> $ ~/bin/textadept
> ...extadept_7.0_beta_4.x86_64/modules/textadept/editing.lua:107: attempt
> to call method 'get_lexer' (a nil
> value)...adept_7.0_beta_4.x86_64/modules/textadept/file_types.lua:119:
> attempt to call method 'set_lexer' (a nil
> value)...n/textadept_7.0_beta_4.x86_64/modules/textadept/menu.lua:365:
> attempt to call method 'get_lexer' (a nil
> value)...adept_7.0_beta_4.x86_64/modules/textadept/file_types.lua:115:
> attempt to call method 'set_lexer' (a nil value)Segmentation fault
Details:
* Ubuntu x64 13.04
It does start up when I run with an empty .textadept directory. I also
added a 'properties.lua' and it worked. It happens when I use my init.lua
and keys.lua. Any ideas?