Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 7.0 beta 4

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 16:24:27 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi Ryan,

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013, Ryan Pusztai wrote:

> So I missed changing 'gui.' to 'ui.', but the error is not helpful at all
> when figuring out what I missed next. I do currently use Common, but I
> forked it because I went a different way with the display_name module. You
> can check out "beta 2" working Common here:
> https://github.com/rjpcomputing/ta-common
>
> This is the hardest update I have had so far. So I think there might be a
> root cause to the error I am getting.

I'm really sorry you're having so much trouble with the update. I am going
to take a look at your repo and try and help figure it out.

The primary cause of this problem is that you are probably doing some sort
of operation at the module 'require' level (before ta is finished
initializing) that causes `events.UPDATE_UI` to be fired.
`buffer.get_lexer()` and `buffer.set_lexer()` do not exist until ta
finishes initializing.

I will take a look at your code. Sorry again for your problem :(