[code] [textadept] Migration Help

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 17:04:03 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi,

For all of you that have invested time and effort into creating your own
Textadept scripts and extensions, you are probably quite frustrated with
all of the changes that have been going on on the road to Textadept 7. I
can understand the tendency to throw up your hands, give up, and swear off
this project for changing too much. You may think that this will be a
continuing trend and that you'll always have to play catch up. This is not
the case. There is a very good reason for all of the changes in Textadept
7. I cannot share it quite yet, but rest assured that I want to cement
Textadept 7's API as much as possible going forward.

That said, I want to offer my time to all of you who would like help
migrating your scripts and extensions to Textadept 7. Please send me any
code or links to your code that is not working as expected with a
description what what exactly does not work, how to reproduce, what the
expected result is, etc. I will do my best to help you retool your code so
that it works with the latest beta 4. You may do this off-list if you'd
like, or keep it on-list if you think others would benefit.

I care very much about all of you and this community. I do understand any
frustrations you may have and want to help you through them.