Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 7.0 beta 4

From: Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai.att.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 10:07:05 -0400

Hi Mitchel,

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> Ryan,
>
> On Wed, 2 Oct 2013, Ryan Pusztai wrote:
>
> [snip]
>>

>> Now onto a feature tweak. I used to make the lua run command start like
>> this:
>>
>> local m_run = textadept.run
>>> m_run.run_command.lua = [[lua -e "io.stdout:setvbuf 'no'" %(filename)]]
>>>

>> The reason is so the order of the prints come out correctly. Without it
>> for example if you have a lua module that prints to the std::out it can
>> come out of order and makes the output confusing. Thoughts?
>>

> Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your question, but you should be able to do
>
> textadept.run.run_commands.lua = ...
> ^
> Note the extra 's'.

Yes but I was requesting that TextAdept ship with the [[lua -e
"io.stdout:setvbuf 'no'" %(filename)]] as the default run command. It is a
better output especially when you run into an error. Most times I see the
error before the print() statements so it is harder to figure out order of
issues while debugging.

--
Regards,
Ryan