Re: [code] [textadept] Get Set Lexer and null value

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 09:29:10 +0200

Hi,

Am 10/6/13 9:00 AM, schrieb pr.att.m1xa.com:
> I got this error:
>
> ta/modules/textadept/editing.lua:107: attempt to call method 'get_lexer' (a nil value)
> ta/modules/textadept/file_types.lua:119: attempt to call method 'set_lexer' (a nil value)
> ta/modules/textadept/menu.lua:365: attempt to call method 'get_lexer' (a nil value)
> /ta/modules/textadept/file_types.lua:115: attempt to call method 'set_lexer' (a nil value)Segmentation fault
>
> Affected versions: 7 beta 3 and beta 4.
>
> I can run a editor when I delete session file, but error still occurs.
> On next startup, editor will crash again.

you can try applying the recently committed patch for better error
messages on startup [1] or download a nightly build [2], which already
has this patch. This should prevent the crash and give better error
messages.

Otherwise, there is likely some module, theme or functionality in your
init.lua that has not been updated yet. Try uncommenting them out to
figure out where.
The list of API changes can be found in the documentation appendix [3].
If you use any of the modules on GitHub try updating them (I think I
fixed all modules that I maintain.)

Hope this helps,
Robert

[1] http://foicica.com/hg/textadept/rev/a69934d33e42