[code] [textadept] Adaptsense and symbol autocompletion

From: Richard Philips <richard.philips.att.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 11:00:51 +0200

Hi,

I'm looking into the adaptsense capability of textadept.

I have the impression that the symbol autocompletion is restricted to
the name of the function (method, class, ..).
I would like to see that autocompletion generates also the signature.

An example: (Python)

autocompletion of:

     x = string.tr

gives

     x = string.translate

Good. But often more useful would be:

     x = string.translate(/s/, /table/[, /deletechars/])

Now, before I try to handle this problem, a few questions:

- did I overlook an obvious solution ?
- would it be useful ?
- any pointers on how to approach this ?

Thank you,

Richard