Re: [code] [textadept] Windows virus warning for curses version

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 22:07:18 +0200

Hi Mitchell,

Am 10/18/13 7:36 PM, schrieb Mitchell:
>> on installing TA on Windows I got a virus warning for the curses
>> versions.

> What file gets flagged? There is no pdcurses.dll because I do
> self-compile pdcurses (see the "win32curses" rule in src/Makefile to
> confirm) and statically link it to Textadept.

both textadept-curses.exe, textadeptjit-curses.exe get a warning.
It wasn't on my machine so I just installed AVG[1] in a VM on my machine
to check -- it's apparently only a heuristic warning for
"Win32/Heur"[2]. Weird.

I re-checked with Avira [3] and there was no warning
Let's hope these warnings aren't too common as they might scare away
people trying out Textadept.

Robert

[1] http://www.avg.com/
[2]