[code] [textadept] Newbee question: what's in textadept

From: Dirk GŁnther <std300.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 13:59:29 +0200

Hello again,

I am playing with TA (and the Lua API). I was thinking as an experiment to
implement a "mark element" function in XML (hopefully it's not in there
yet).

So what I have is a well-formed document:

<root> -!-
  <whatever >foo</whatever>
  <whatever />
  <another />
</root>

and the cursor is where -!- is.

What I think I need to do is

2) look forward until I get the matching end tag
3) put the selection from the start to the end

Is any of the first two points already in textadept? I guess the most
difficult part will be 2).

Thanks,

 Dirk