RE: [code] [textadept] Textadept 7.0 - Large File Performance

From: John Hind <john.hind.att.zen.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 19:21:29 -0000

> Would it be possible for you to send me this file so I can run some
> tests?

Although my file is a TiddlyWiki file with a lot of content, the problem
manifests very clearly using the empty file from here:

http://tiddlywiki.com/

Just use the big green "download" button, unzip the resultant package and
then open "empty.html" in TextAdept. Then try to move the scroll bar down.
Notice that once you have had a coffee break while it scrolls to the end of
the file, performance is then fine. Also if you change the extension to
.txt, it loads and scrolls fine. So it has to be the syntax analysis that
causes the problem.

I tried the same file in Sc336.exe and it is very responsive (although I
must admit it does make a bit of a mess of the syntax highlighting!)

- John