Re: [code] [textadept] LaTeX compile commands/language settings

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 10:48:34 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Robert,

On Tue, 5 Nov 2013, Robert Gieseke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> a bug report for the run-module:
> The 'latex' run and compile command should be removed (there is no latex
> extension as far as I know)

I thought at least 'ltx' was, but I'll defer.

> and the 'tex' compile command
> should be changed to
> tex='pdflatex -file-line-error -halt-on-error "%(filename)"',
> (not pdftex).

Yes I'll do that. In response to your follow-up, extensions should
override lexers when it comes to run/compile commands.

> I do fully support aiming for low line counts but how about giving in
> for these language settings or putting them in separate (not .lua
> ending) config files and loading them in run.lua etc.

Then we go back to the `mime_types.conf` days where there should be an
option to define commands in `_USERHOME` in another conf file or two. I
want mostly everything to be configured using Lua, not plain text or
"magic files". The user should only need to only worry about setting
things like

   textadept.run.compile_commands.ltx = 'whatever'