Re: [code] [textadept] LaTeX compile commands/language settings

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 17:01:55 +0100

Mitchell,

Am 11/6/13, 4:48 PM, schrieb Mitchell:
>> The 'latex' run and compile command should be removed (there is no
>> latex extension as far as I know)
>
> I thought at least 'ltx' was, but I'll defer.

Ah, you're right - I just never came across '.ltx' and it seems they are
less common.

>> I do fully support aiming for low line counts but how about giving in
>> for these language settings or putting them in separate (not .lua
>> ending) config files and loading them in run.lua etc.
>
> Then we go back to the `mime_types.conf` days where there should be an
> option to define commands in `_USERHOME` in another conf file or two. I
> want mostly everything to be configured using Lua, not plain text or
> "magic files". The user should only need to only worry about setting
> things like
>
> textadept.run.compile_commands.ltx = 'whatever'

I would have send a patch, but with the long lines I couldn't verify the
diff. I wouldn't mind if you "folded" these configuration settings out.
With the long lines it was also hard to figure out what actually was
going on when I tried to understand which compiling command was being used.