[code] Weirdness with external libraries and Textadept 7.0

From: Michael Richter <ttmrichter.att.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 16:05:58 +0800

I'm trying to expand my pastes.lua file to support other pastebin sites.
 Unfortunately many of these sites use JSON in their APIs.
(gist.github.comfor example.) I've tried to get any number of JSON
libraries for Lua
working with Textadept 7.0 and I'm getting nowhere fast, to wit:

   1. lua-json has, in one single, solitary file, a "module" statement
   that's making Textadept throw its hands up in disgust and give up on
   actually working.
   2. lua-cjson, when its .so file is where Textadept looks for it, won't
   work because it can't find lua_pcall (!) which is a particularly odd error
   given that lua_pcall is a standard Lua API call.

I'm kind of at a loss here. How does one go about getting either of these
(or any other JSON library people may know about) working with Textadept?