Re: [code] [textadept] Tab Support

From: Richard Philips <richard.philips.att.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 12:16:32 +0100

Hi,

I used tabs in Notepad++, Sublime Text and (X)Emacs. It has its
advantages, but the feature is also somewhat of a distraction (it takes
space and what if you are working with tens of buffers) and it takes
away something of the `Spartan` (but very refined) look of textadept (in
dark theme :-) . I hope that in the future some styling comes available
for tabs.

That said, I think having tabs in textadept makes the editor more
palatable for mainstream users.
Sometimes I wonder ... that Mitchell! When does he sleep?

I write a blog (in Dutch :-) and I prepare an article comparing
Notepad++, Sublime Text, (X)Emacs and Textadept.
I'll write this article in English and mail it to this list first.
Expect it by the end of the month (but with the World Chess Championship
starting tomorrow I could be somewhat distracted :-)

Thanks for this new - and welcome - feature,

Richard