Re: [code] [textadept] Textadept 7.1

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 13:01:16 -0500 (EST)

Hi John,

On Sun, 17 Nov 2013, John Hind wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> Firstly, many thanks for the tabs. This removes the last impediment to my
> using TA as my main text editor.
>
> Secondly, in celebration of this, I tried to pre-order your book with an
> added small donation, but I was stumped by the "gumroad.com" website. It
> gives no feedback when I press the "Pre-order" button, just remaining on the
> (fully completed) web form (no wait indicator in the web browser - latest
> Google Chrome on Windows 7). I have pressed the button several times, but am
> obviously reluctant to keep trying in case I'm submitting multiple orders. I
> realise this is a third-party web site, but am reporting this to you (as
> well as trying their support email) since you have chosen to use this site
> and I'm more confident of getting a response from you! I was initially
> reluctant to use the site as I'd never heard of it and it did not offer a
> trusted payment option such as Paypal - but went ahead because I trust you.
> I hope I am not going to regret this decision, but it is performing
> worryingly like a card harvesting phizzing site!

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble; it must be quite frustrating for
you :( I share your concern about trusted payment processing and would be
equally wary. However, I do trust Gumroad, so please don't worry in that
regard.

The "Pre-order" button will change to "..." when it accepts the form as
complete and starts to process your order. Since you are not getting that,
your form is not recognized as complete (thus don't worry about multiple
charges). Please scroll up and make sure you don't see any boxes outlined
in red. If there are none and it's still not working, you may want to try
another browser. Otherwise, e-mail me off list and we'll work something
out.