[code] [textadept] Message buffers and tabs

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 12:09:14 +0100

Hi Mitchell,

I'd like to propose the following change in core/ui.lua:

/core/ui.lua
40c40

---
 >       if not ui.tabs then view:split() end
That way, message and error buffers open as a new (or already open)
'tabs' when tabs are visible, otherwise split views are created or
reused as before. I think it would make Textadept friendlier for
newcomers who don't know yet about buffers and views (and how to close
them) …
The attached documentation string might be elaborated upon, but I wanted
to have your opinion first.
- Robert