Re: [code] Problems with accented greek characters

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 10:05:38 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Hi Nick,

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013, Nick Tzanos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using TextAdept 7.1 on MacOSX Mountain Lion. When I am typing Greek,
> the accented characters appear as a square, although the fonts I tried all
> contain Greek character sets.

This is likely an issue with encoding. I suspect the fonts are not UTF-8.
Try the 'MacGreek' encoding by opening the command entry and typing:

     io.set_buffer_encoding('MacGreek')

If that works, you can put the following in your `~/.textadept/init.lua`:

     table.insert(io.encodings, 3, 'MacGreek')

That will prefer 'MacGreek' after UTF-8 and ASCII. You can of course
change the index to whatever you like based on the contents
of `io.encodings` (see `core/file_io.lua`).

If that doesn't work, try the 'ISO-8859-7' encoding.

I hope that helps.