Re: [code] Greek accented characters

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 10:02:29 -0500 (EST)

Hi Nick,

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013, Nick Tzanos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In order to type accented characters with the greek keyboard you need to
> press the ; key and then the letter. When I press the ; key I get the
> square I was talking about.

It sounds like toolkit Textadept uses, GTK, is not interpreting ';' as a
"dead-key", but instead as an insertable key. Is there another way to
compose accented characters with the Alt/Option key?

I presume if you type into a native OSX app like TextView.app, ';' accents
characters and you can copy-paste those accented characters into
Textadept without them showing up as squares?