Re: [code] backspace insert "NUL" in ncurses

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 13:18:23 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Hi Carlos,

On Mon, 9 Dec 2013, Carlos Pita wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a new user of textadept, looking for a replacement of my current
> geany+leafpad+nano combo, and more specifically for a replacement that
> is not vim[*]. textadept looks like the ideal replacement till now.
>
> One problem I found --and I don't think it has to do with my terminal
> emulator settings because other ncurses apps don't show similar
> behavior-- is that the backspace key insert the string "NUL" into the
> buffer when in textadept-ncurses.

Textadept does not use ncurses's key input routines. It uses a library
called "libtermkey". What terminal emulator are you using? Does it map the
Backspace key to anything other than Ctrl+H? One thing that may help is to
uncomment line 250 in `core/keys.lua` and change it to read:

   if CURSES then ui.statusbar_text = code end

Every time you type a key it should show that key's code in the statusbar.
This may help debug the problem.