Re: [code] Re: ui.size & ui.maximized

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 13:47:43 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Carlos,

On Mon, 9 Dec 2013, Carlos Pita wrote:

> PS: one more question related to session restoring. This is not really
> important, just an aesthetic concern. Is there any simple way to show
> the client window *after* restoring the session? I find the current
> behavior annoying: the title (both in the title bar and in the task
> bar) changes sequentially for every loaded file, the window is visibly
> resized, the splits are reaccommodated, etc. I guess startup
> performance could suffer because of the need to redraw the window so
> many times, also.

Not without recompiling Textadept. You'd have to move the
`gtk_window_show_all(window)` call in `new_window()` to someplace later in
`main()`.

If I waited until Textadept finished initializing before presenting the
window, it would "feel slow" when loading large sessions. By presenting
its window as quickly as possible, Textadept lets you know it's "working"
so you're not left guessing what's going on.