RE: [code] [textadept] A feature for tabs

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 13:58:36 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Hi John,

On Mon, 9 Dec 2013, John Hind wrote:

> I would also like drag to rearrange. Also drag a tab onto a view. But some
> visual distinction between tabs which represent views and those that
> represent buffers that are not in views. If you have two views split
> vertically it would be neat if the tab for the right-hand view was
> right-aligned in the tab bar.

The last bit would only work if you split views vertically only once. That
feature would be too heavily dependent on configuration to be useful.
Visual distinction in tabs of buffers visible in views is an interesting
idea. I will look into it.

> Rather than a close button on the tab (which takes space) there could be a
> right-click menu with options like close view, save file, close buffer, new
> view (to right, to left, above, below).

We're getting into that 2000 line limit I talked about earlier in the
thread. I'll look into a user-configurable context menu for tabs like the
buffer context menu, but no promises.