Re: [code] Compiling TextAdept in CentOS

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:35:59 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Hi Gert,

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013, Gert Meulyzer wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> So I dove into the Makefile to see what could be going wrong and found the steps where the downloads failed.
> There are some patch lines in there, so I executed those as well and tried to make again. (One for scintilla and one for lua.)
> This time it worked, TextAdept compiled and then started without complaints.
> I still don't know why it went wrong, but at least I have a working editor now.
>
> Could it be that CentOS just has very old versions of gcc/make etc and that those don't work properly with the TextAdept make file?

I'm glad you got it working, but sorry that you had to spend so much of
your time manually fixing things. I think it boils down to your version of
"wget". For some reason it doesn't download files using the same name
convention as later versions do. I have limited experience with wget. What
version do you have? Perhaps I can fix some things, but I'm not very
confident... :(