Re: [code] [textadept] Key mapping in command_entry

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:56:42 +0000

Hi Mitchell,

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 04:30:27PM -0500, Mitchell wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Tue, 10 Sep 2013, Chris Emerson wrote:
>
> >[snip]
> >So my conclusion is that both textadept's main loop and the CDKEntry need
> >to have common key input.
>
> I've had some time to look into this and will implement some of your
> work from your branch to fix the problem.

Great!

> I'm going to have CDK use libtermkey directly (via a global "ta_tk"
> instance of libtermkey) instead of using an analog to your "ta_wgetch".

That makes sense - you'll have fewer (re)conversions between keycode types
that way, so it'll be cleaner overall.

> I'm a bit nervous about the async stuff (and there are not enough lines of
> code available to implement it anyway!).

That's fair enough - there's certainly scope for getting things wrong in
there. By the way, how do you count lines of code for the 2k line limit?

> It probably won't be of much use to you, but I just wanted to say "thanks"
> for your efforts and example code.

You're very welcome, and thanks as well - it'll be one less difference for
me to try to maintain in my bloated fork. :-)

Regards,

Chris