Re: [code] [textadept] ScintillaTerm.cxx compile error

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 21:48:10 -0500 (EST)

Hi Parke,

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013, Parke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile Textadept (specifically the curses version) on
> Ubuntu 13.04. I have been following these instructions:
> http://foicica.com/textadept/12_Compiling.html
>
> The GTK version of Textadept compiles and runs.
>
> However, when I "make curses", I get the following error:
>
> g++ -c -pedantic -Os -DCURSES -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED -DSCI_LEXER
> -DNDEBUG -DG_THREADS_IMPL_NONE -Iscintilla/include -Iscintilla/src
> -Iscintilla/lexlib -Wall -Wno-missing-braces -Wno-char-subscripts
> -Wno-long-long -Iscintilla/term \
> scintilla/term/ScintillaTerm.cxx -o ScintillaTerm.o
> scintilla/term/ScintillaTerm.cxx: In constructor :
> scintilla/term/ScintillaTerm.cxx:804:8: error: has no member named
> scintilla/term/ScintillaTerm.cxx:805:8: error: has no member named
> scintilla/term/ScintillaTerm.cxx:822:8: error: has no member named
> scintilla/term/ScintillaTerm.cxx:823:8: error: has no member named
> scintilla/term/ScintillaTerm.cxx:824:8: error: has no member named
> make: *** [ScintillaTerm.o] Error 1
>
> I think the identifier in the error messages ("a" with a caret on top)
> is how my terminal represents/prints the null string. (But I could be
> wrong about this.)
>
> I've looked at the specified lines in ScintillaTerm.cxx, but I cannot
> figure out what is causing the error.

Which version are you trying to compile? 7.0? 7.1? From hg?

If you are compiling 7.0 or 7.1 from the source, download this[1]
ScintillaTerm.cxx and put it in `src/scintilla/term/`.

If you are compiling from hg, ensure you have the latest ScintillaTerm.cxx
from hg[2].

I'm pretty sure the problem stems from Textadept's makefile trying to pull
Scinterm hg, which is now out of sync with 7.0 and 7.1 due to the
Scintilla update to 3.3.7. Sorry for the inconvenience.

[1]: http://foicica.com/hg/scinterm/file/249455571ba3/ScintillaTerm.cxx
[2]: http://foicica.com/hg/scinterm/file/b366f7e4b34a/ScintillaTerm.cxx