Re: [code] Console windows appear when saving a file

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 10:03:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi Arnel,

On Wed, 1 Jan 2014, Arnel Legaspi wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I'm using Textadept 7.1 on a Win7 x64 machine. Whenever I save a file, I
> notice 2 blank console windows appearing one after the other, closing
> afterwards. My file *is* saved, but it's a minor annoyance because this never
> happened when I was back with TA v6.5.
>
> I suspected it may have something to do with the contents of my ~/.textadept
> directory, but transferring it to another location and saving a file again
> with TA makes the thing happen again.
>
> Is there anyway to prevent this from happening? Something I need to put
> inside my 'init.lua'?

Which kinds of files are you editing when this happens? Python? Ruby? Some
language modules perform a syntax check when saving. This may trigger the
black box on Windows machines. Look in Textadept's modules directory to
find the module in question, open its `init.lua` file, and remove the
connection to the `events.FILE_AFTER_SAVE` event.