Re: [code] [textadept] open file and latex lexer

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 15:44:51 +0100

Hi Olivier,

Am 1/5/14, 3:29 PM, schrieb Olivier Guibé:
[…]
> LaTeX lexer is not the most important for my everyday LaTeX use. More
> important things are
> - shortcut latex command : I can do it with keychains

You probably already know this, so just in case, you can have
language-specific short cuts without keychains as well, e.g.
keys.latex.c1 = function() … -- ctrl-1
keys.latex.f7 = function() … -- F7

> - add another snippet : I can do it
> - master file, tex engine : more difficult, it is possible to mimic
> Texworks
> or auctex variables.

Could you describe how that works in more detail? Do you mean compiling
the main file, when working on an included sub-file?
One way to do this could be to have a short-cut that changed the LaTeX
compile command to compile the current file.

> - pdf viewer with forward/backward synctex synchronisation
> : more difficult, but python scripts exist for evince / synctex
> synchronisation
> or using okular
I looked into SyncTeX a while ago and on Linux it might even be possible
to have both ways work as you can "send" Lua commands to Textadept. Do
you have a link to the Python scripts?

> - spellcheker (very important) : I see on the previous mailing list
> textadept google group
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/textadept/a_F99FrMBL0
> which uses luaspell and hunspell

This has been requested a few times, I think Richard mentionend a
prototype. Don't know how far it's being from seeing a (pre-?)release.