Re: [code] The bike shed should be red because red is faster.

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 10:55:50 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Hi Michael,

On Mon, 6 Jan 2014, Michael Richter wrote:

> This is a slightly whimsical feature request, but I'm trying slowly, but
> surely, to get rid of the .clutter in my ~ directory.
>
> Could we have textadept look for its scripts, etc. in the following order?
>

> - ~/.config/textadept
> - ~/.textadept # for legacy support
>

> I've got by now well over two hundred dot-files and dot-directories in my
> home. It's getting a bit ridiculous. :)

Supporting this would likely require the structure of `_USERHOME` to
change. This would be too much work because a good chunk of code uses
`_USERHOME` directly in file paths, which is a single directory by
default. It would also affect existing language modules and other
user-extensions.

I myself have a `~/config/` folder with all of my configs including a
`textadept/` folder that `~/.textadept/` symlinks to. Perhaps something
similar would work for you.