[code] Still wrestling with oddball folds.

From: Michael Richter <ttmrichter.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 15:27:44 +0800

I have some code that looks like this: https://gist.github.com/8295648

I want to fold from the beginning at ":-" to the end at "integer_dot(int)."
 (Ignore the line comments; the line comment folding is enough for that for
now.)

Now given the following code, the fold ends at the "." in "
io_error(io.error)" which makes a certain amount of sense given the rules
provided, but is obviously not what's desired:

M._foldsymbols = {
  _patterns = { '%:%-', '%.', },
  [l.OPERATOR] = {
    [':-'] = 1,
    ['.'] = -1,
  },
}

Making the _pattern for closing be something like '%.%s' (and several other
attempts along those lines) gives me folds that close only at the end of
the file.

What trick am I missing for making this work the desired way?

For reference, l.OPERATOR is defined thusly:

local operator_term = l.delimited_range('`', true, false)
local operator_chars = S('.!:@^*-\\/<>()[]{}+=')
local operator = token(l.OPERATOR, operator_term +
some(operator_chars))