Re: [code] Still wrestling with oddball folds.

From: Michael Richter <ttmrichter.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 21:23:39 +0800

On 8 January 2014 21:11, Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com> wrote:

> How would you suggest the existing documentation to be improved?
>
> "The lexer calls these functions with the following arguments: the text to
> identify fold points in, the beginning position of the current line in the
> text to fold, the current line’s text, the position in the current line the
> matched text starts at, and the matched text itself."

Now that I read it again, perhaps this:

The lexer calls these functions with the following arguments:

> - the text to identify fold points in,
>

> - the beginning position of the current line in the text to fold,
>

> - the current line’s text,
>

> - the position in the current line the matched text starts at, and
>

> - the matched text itself.
>
> I'd also probably explain more what you mean by the first parameter. Is
that all the text in the buffer?

I completely missed that sentence because my eyes got drawn down to the
example.

That's strange, I thought the %f took care of string endings... I saw in a
> follow up that you can use '\0' so thanks for letting me know.

Yeah, that was a weird oversight in patterns I think. Nice that \0 worked
out, but it was blind luck I spotted that possibility.