[code] [textadept] ui.dialogs

From: Richard Philips <richard.philips.att.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:30:10 +0100

Hi Mitchell,

ui.dialogs offers a comprehensive widget library for textadept.

If I may suggest an addition :-)

The most basic way to extend Lua is by invoking a Lua function with a
number of arguments.
Often these arguments are strings (or numbers or booleans).
Some of these arguments can be specified by the context, some has to be
asked to the user of textadept.

If there is only one argument the user has to specify, I typically use
'inputbox' with the right parameters.
If there are more arguments, I use an `editable textbox` with a list of
the required argument labels.
I parse the answer and I can invoke the function with the right arguments.

This last approach is quite clumsy and error-prone.
A lot better would be if the widget itself could separate labels from input.

I'm not arguing for a full-blown form builder, *just* that the
'one-line' inputbox could be augmented to 'multiple-lines'.

I fully understand that this is not a trivial request (and remember: I
have a decent solution),
but I really think this would lead to a nice addition to textadept with
a lot of potential use.

Richard