Re: [code] [textadept] custom key assigment in init.lua

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 20:29:54 +0100

Am 1/26/14, 5:59 PM, schrieb tastyminerals:
> Using "keys.ch = textadept.editing.highlight_word" gives me the error
> upon 'reset()'
>
> /home/user/.textadept/init.lua:2: attempt to index global 'key' (a nil
> value)

Most likely a typo? You can also paste that line in the command entry to
test it.

> My .textadept/ directory has only two files, init.lua and session.
> My machine is Linux 3.10.27-1-MANJARO i686, for keyboard layout I use
> alt+shift
>
> setxkbmap -option grp:switch,grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll us,ru

So the problem is accidentally shifting the keyboard layouts? I have the
same problem when I'm on Windows. It's very difficult to find a keyboard
layout that works on all platforms/Linux distributions and avoids
ctrl/alt-shift combinations.

> If init.lua does not work, should I create keys.lua file in
> /~/.textadept/modules/textadept//? Then how do I configure it? Hmm, and
> why doesn't init.lua work?

If you only change a few short cuts it's easier to just put them in your
init.lua. I would only use a ~/.textadept/modules/textadept/keys.lua
file if developing a completely new keyboard layout.

Hope this helps,