[code] [textadept] Using normal buffer as command entry

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 00:23:06 +0000

Hi,

I've been experimenting with using a normal TA buffer in a small split view
as a more flexible replacement for the command entry (actually with
Textredux). I quite like it - I can colour it at will, play with the cursor
position, history, etc., enlarge it to show completions, etc.

There are two annoyances it'd be nice to solve, though:
* I currently save the window configuration, unsplit everything, split to
make the 1-line entry, and recreate the original splits, and then do it all
again when exiting the entry again. This is flickery, especially with a few
splits.

The simplest "fix" I can think of would be to allow view.size=(full size of
parent) and define it to hide the second view and the divider, so that instead
of rebuilding everything it's just a case of adjusting view.size. The least
simple would be to replace the GTK entry/CDKEntry with a dedicated buffer
and some more Lua code...

* In the GTK version, I haven't worked out how to make the split the right
height for exactly one line of text.

Regards,

Chris