Re: [code] [textadept] Using normal buffer as command entry

From: Robert Gieseke <rob.g.att.web.de>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 07:41:15 +0100

Hi Chris,

this is an excellent idea! Is your experiment already part of your
ta-vim module or just unreleased play-around code?

Also, have you seen "Quicknav" [1]? It's a very interesting
Textredux-based approach that works by creating a copy of a buffer and
using the first line as a 'command entry', here for searching only.
There are some issues, it uses a different margin with line number that
doesn't display nicely in Curses (probably fixable) and there can be
issues with restoring the margins when switching views (as the margins
are not tied to buffers but to views).

Regards,
Robert

[1] https://bitbucket.org/shalabh/textadept-modules, you'd need my fixes