Re: [code] [textadept] Split Views in the Terminal Version!

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 22:36:38 +0000

Hi Robert,

Thanks for finding some of the bugs. :-)

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 12:11:16PM +0100, Robert Gieseke wrote:
> Another issue I had: When splitting a view vertically and then again
> the central view remained black.

I can reproduce this. I can get it to stop happening if I either comment
out the mvvline in windowman.c or the refresh() in the refresh_all() macro.
I suspect it's the full-screen default curses window painting over it.

I think the fix might be to stop drawing on the default window (which I think
is done by the title bar, status bar, and the split lines) and give them
their own window each. I'll try to do a bit of research/experimentation on
that one.

> After closing the split view text that was word-wrapped remained wrapped.
> Switching the buffer and back works around that. (A buffer refresh did not
> work.)

Ok, this one is a missing call to Editor::ChangeSize() when the window changes
size. The attached diff to ScintillaTerm.cxx seems to fix that.

Chris