Re: [code] [textadept] Split Views in the Terminal Version!

From: Chris Emerson <c-ta.att.mail.nosreme.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 20:29:57 +0000

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 10:36:38PM +0000, Chris Emerson wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 12:11:16PM +0100, Robert Gieseke wrote:
> > Another issue I had: When splitting a view vertically and then again
> > the central view remained black.
>
> I can reproduce this. I can get it to stop happening if I either comment
> out the mvvline in windowman.c or the refresh() in the refresh_all() macro.
> I suspect it's the full-screen default curses window painting over it.
>
> I think the fix might be to stop drawing on the default window (which I
> think is done by the title bar, status bar, and the split lines) and give
> them their own window each. I'll try to do a bit of
> research/experimentation on that one.

I've updated windowman to make new windows for the dividing lines rather
than drawing on stdscr, which seems to fix the problem.

https://bitbucket.org/jugglerchris/curses-windowman/commits/4a75ba194792e38ec092a93f12ba59b0267d78d1

I think that theoretically the title bar and status bar could cause a similar
problem, but they don't seem to in the current implementations of curses.

Regards,

Chris