Re: [code] [textadept] Split Views in the Terminal Version!

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 08:54:51 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Hi Robert,

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014, Robert Gieseke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> excellent news!
> I had problems with the prefix on both OS X and Linux but switching to
> meta-v ('mv') worked. Are two simultanous modifier keys known to be
> problematic in some terminal emulators?

The usual disclaimer is that some terminal emulators do not recognize some
key bindings properly. My question would be is it just that particular
key? The terminal version uses lots of double-modifier key bindings (e.g.
M-^N for new buffers). In my experience at least on Linux, those modifier
keys are fine.

The problem with M-V is that it may be used as the mnemonic for accessing
the "View" menu in a GUI terminal emulator. M-S-* and its variants are
typically associated with a selection operation, so M-S-V does not seem
appropriate.