Re: [code][textadept] Error in dialogs.inputbox

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 11:49:22 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Richard,

On Fri, 21 Feb 2014, Richard Philips wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> ui.dialogs.inputbox has some errors in an edge case:

> Please, fill in the field:
>
> Name:
>
> informative_text = {'Please, fill in the field:', 'Name:'}
> text = {''}
>
> options = {}
> options['text'] = text
> options['informative_text'] = info_text
> options['title'] = 'Title'
>
> local x, text = ui.dialogs.inputbox(options)
>

> (1) the display is not right: 'Name:' is not shown.
>
> (2) the return value for the field is missing
>

> I am aware that I can get it right if I do not use multiple fields
> (afterall there is only one field)
>
> But in my application, the relevant tables are built programmatically.

In my test "text" is set to whatever I enter into the inputbox, so #2 does
not appear to be a problem.

As for #1, your edge case is simply a normal inputbox (as you point out)
which never displays labels next to inputboxes. This is how the code has
always been and I don't really want to mix the new functionality with the
old functionality...

Is it difficult have a condition in your programmatically built tables to
handle such edge cases?