[code][textadept] Advanced use of Textadept Lexers

From: Richard Philips <richard.philips.att.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:25:15 +0100

Hi,

last week I implemented HTML-ization of source code in textadept.

For documentation purposes, I needed to capture code fragments together
with its colorization and to format it in HTML.

I took a short-cut :-)

Together with the new multiple field ui.dialogs.inputbox (thanks again,
Mitchell :-),
 I brought the relevant code fragments and formatting info
outside textadept and worked with the phenomenal Pygments software.
 Then I brought the result (HTML) back into textadept and put the HTML in
the clipboard.

But I think I can do better:

I looked into the code of lexer.load and lexer.lex and I think
it should be possible to populate M._tokenstyles with functions instead of
styles.
These functions could transform the tokens to text (e.g. HTML).

Is this something worthwhile to pursue? Any ideas about how to proceed?

Thank you for a response,

Richard