Re: [code][textadept] Advanced use of Textadept Lexers

From: Richard Philips <richard.philips.att.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 07:01:35 +0100

Hello Mitchell,

let us forget - for the time being - about coloring the code: it is too
much related to style and I realise that it just confounds things.

I give another application of the idea:

A few months back I wrote a spelling checker for textadept. One of
its features is scanning the text and red underlining the bad words.

I would like to use the same feature in code as well but it should be
restricted to strings and comments.

I think this problem is not so different as how textadept is styling code;
textadept associates styling information with tokens. In much the same
manner I would like to associate actions with tokens.

Transformations is one usage but others are feasable as well. In the
spelling checker example, the 'M._tokenstyles' alike structure I would use,
is loaded with functions that either do nothing or spellcheck the token.

Mitchell,

Again I want to stress that I am not looking for the solution to a specific
problem I have: for both the coloring problem and the spelling problem I
came up with adequate solutions I am quite happy about.

It is just that I noticed that both these problems could be solved in a
more elegant way by using one of the main strengths of textadept: its
lexing capabilities.

Thank you for listening to this,

Richard