Re: [code][textadept] Advanced use of Textadept Lexers

From: Richard Philips <richard.philips.att.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:10:10 +0100

Hello John,

I do not mind at all and in fact, I just wrote an e-mail to Mitchell about
how to contribute code.

You should understand that the code I write for textadept is part of a
whole suite of applications and so it is not so easy for me to separate.

But first let me give you some idea what the spellchecker is about:

- it is based on hunspell: the hunspell libraries and dictionaries should
be available on your system
- it is tested/used on Ubuntu 13.10 (but I think it should work on OSX en
Windows as well)
- You have to use textadeptjit (so, there is no compilation involved!)
- you can easily add your own words (these are kept in a text file which is
shared - by Dropbox - over all computers I work with)
- support for multiple languages in one file
- underline bad words, search bad words, double click for a pop-up with
alternatives, goto-next-bad-word

I'll try to come up with a solution to provide you with the code.
(The simplest solution would be that I give you my ~/.textadept directory)

On which platform are you using textadept ?

Richard