Re: [code] [textadept] Split Views in the Terminal Version!

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 15:52:48 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Robert,

On Sun, 23 Feb 2014, Robert Gieseke wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> Am 18/02/14 14:54, schrieb Mitchell:
>>> I had problems with the prefix on both OS X and Linux but switching
>>> meta-v ('mv') worked. Are two simultanous modifier keys known to be
>>> problematic in some terminal emulators?
>>
>> The usual disclaimer is that some terminal emulators do not recognize
>> some key bindings properly. My question would be is it just that
>> particular key? The terminal version uses lots of double-modifier key
>> bindings (e.g. M-^N for new buffers). In my experience at least on
>> Linux, those modifier keys are fine.
>
> Others like M-^N work on both Linux and OS X for me, I considered
> setting Ctrl-Meta-W for close split view

I had some time to briefly play with this, and M-^V ended up pasting from
the clipboard for me, which was quite odd. M-^N did not work as expected
either. In fact, many of my keys were not working. I seem to recall
swearing off the OSX terminal version's key binding support long ago...
Maybe my OSX VM is to blame though (10.6.2).