Re: [code] [textadept] flickering with GTK3

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 10:07:47 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi Duncan,

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014, Duncan Mac-Vicar P. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> During the weekend I switched my Textadept builds from GTK2 to GTK3.
>
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=home%3Admacvicar&package=textadept
>
> Now on a different computer I noticed flickering when typing. The
> current line plus the line numbers until the end of the visible buffer
> (however after the current line, only the line numbers, while the
> current line is the complete line).
>
> I tried various patches described here:
> http://ehc.ac/p/scintilla/bugs/1567/?limit=25&page=0 but they did not help.
> Switching back to GTK2 brings things to normal.
>
> Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas how to fix it (I would really
> love to keep the packages on GTK3)?

After reading through that thread, it seems there is still a lot of
uncertainty with regard to different versions of GTK3. Does it help at all
if you put the following in your `~/.textadept/properties.lua`?

   buffer.buffered_draw = false

If not, we might just have to wait until Scintilla fixes the problem on
its own.