Re: [code] Message Buffer / ui.print always stealing focus

From: Mitchell <m.att.foicica.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 10:19:14 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi Ryan,

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014, Ryan Pusztai wrote:

> Hi Mitchell,
>
> I got my C++ module back up and running and doing some testing. I use your
> Spawn module [1] to output compiler output and I just call "ui.print" for
> each output [2]. I do have tabs enabled. If I start a build the messages go
> to the "[Message Buffer]", but move my cursor to it. So if I switch away
> from the "[Message Buffer]" tab while messages are being written the tab
> just switches back to the "[Message Buffer]". It makes the editor not
> usable during that time. Is this expected? It did not do this in earlier
> versions. I am in Ubuntu 13.10 x84_64 with Textadept v7.2 beta 2.

This has always been the case. Certainly prior to 7.0 there was no way to
write text to a non-focused buffer (remember those "weird the indexed
buffer is not the current one" errors?). Also, `ui.print()` has it
hardcoded to jump to a print buffer when printing.

That said, I have experimented with silent printing for cases like yours
and will commit a change and an API option soon.